Creating a Safer Environment, One BlueBox at A Time
At Bluebits Technologies, we care deeply about the environment and our community. BlueBox was invented to enrich the lives of everyone around us, creating a safer environment for them to receive their parcels and live their lives. Our core mission is a safer environment for everyone, so we partnered with the YWCA (Young Women’s Christian Association) by installing BlueBox in seven separate YWCA locations. BlueBox is a YWCA partner.
Young Women’s Christian Association
Originating in Vancouver, the heritage of YWCA looks like this:
- In 1904 the YWCA acquired property at Dunsmuir and Burrard, which served as its home base until the mid-90s
- In 1944 the YWCA opened the Pender Y to serve the needs of the Chinese community
- In 1979 the YWCA opened Canada’s first second-stage transition house for women and their children, leaving violence
- In 1984 the YWCA opened its doors at the original location of Crabtree Corner in the Downtown Eastside
- In 2011 the YWCA Vancouver changed its name to YWCA Metro Vancouver to reflect our commitment to serving communities throughout the region spanning Burnaby, Surrey, the Tri-cities, Maple Ridge, Langley/Aldergrove, Abbotsford, New Westminster, Richmond, and North Vancouver
What Part Does BlueBox Play in the YWCA Mission?
Our mission at Bluebits Technologies is to create a safer environment for our communities, so we decided to partner with the YWCA and deploy BlueBox lockers to foster a safer environment for women and children. Securing parcels discourages criminal behaviour, such as theft, building a safer environment for YWCA residents. The YWCA plays an integral part in women’s rights in Canada, and we at Bluebits Technologies strongly support their vision.